Develops creative conceptual, schematic and design development solutions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Understands overall project goals and constraints, including client values, construction and design budget limitations and schedule requirements.
- Works in tandem with Sr. Project Designer or Design Principal analyzing and evaluating client project requirements.
- Initiates and creates schematic designs and plans with responsibility for presentation drawings, models and narratives.
- Ability to integrate elements that influence site designs.
- Prepares client presentation packages.
- Participates in internal design reviews.
- Facilitates firm and project goals of excellence in design, execution, and sustainability.
- Thorough knowledge of building materials, construction methods, costs, and code applicable to the design process.
- Works with engineering consultants throughout the schematic and design development phases.
- Evaluates design alternatives based on site and code requirements.
- Understands and applies building technology and systems to design applications.
- Performs tasks according to the PRDG standards.
- Participates in marketing efforts and may lead design presentations to prospective clients.
- May direct, organize, mentor junior staff.