Responsible for coordinating activities associates in the design, development, preparation, production and quality control of project documents and construction administration.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrates understanding and application of design practices and methods.
- Understands overall building design concepts, objectives and critical issues.
- Understands and responds to the technical implications of design decisions.
- Facilitates firm and project goals of excellence in design, execution, and sustainability.
- Provides quality control and review of schematic, design development and construction documents.
- Generates construction plans and details, delivering complete, accurate and coordinated project documentation.
- Executes code analysis, building and zoning.
- Supervises mock-up drawing packages.
- Generates practical construction details.
- Maintains awareness of evolving building technology and systems.
- Understands and coordinates engineering systems relevant to projects.
- Issues bid documents and reviews shop drawings, material samples and CD’s for conformance with design.
- Performs construction administration duties (e.g. RFI’s, RFP’s, change orders, etc.)
- Assists in preparing reports and specifications; reviews completed reports, plans, cost estimates and calculations.
- Executes applicable agency review analysis (accessibility, zoning, life-safety, etc.)
- Conducts and documents field observations to monitor progress of construction.
- Performs tasks according to the PRDG standards and Project Delivery Manual.
- Organizes quality control of construction documents, drawings and specifications in compliance with project scope, schedule and cost.
- Implements meeting objectives, facilitate meetings and provides documentation.
- Organizes and mentors junior staff.